Simply Decadent Owner

Simply Decadent Owner
Hey, It's me, Tawnya

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Yummy Bars

At the restaurant we are always looking for new dessert recipes to wow the customers. I do improvise many times as I am sure most of you do, but sometimes you just get in a rut when in a hurry. Here is a great recipe that will be so adaptable to what you have on hand and is a great way to change things up. I never use exact ingredients so you will always have a new treat.

You will need:

1 box graham cracker crumbs
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup sugar

Melt the butter and then add in the crumbs and sugar. Pat this into a 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. This will smell yummy while baking. The next items you will need:

1 can sweetened condensed milk
chocolate chips (about 1 bag)
coconut
nuts
cranberries
any dried fruit

Put your chips of choice over the crust then top with a few other items you have and then drizzle all with your can of sweetened condensed milk. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.

To make your cutting and plating a lot easier I like to line my pan with a long strip of parchment that overlaps on the 9" sides so you can lift out your yummy creations. Sometimes these are called 7 layer bars, but you use your imagination and the possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Brazil, Indiana, United States
I have a restaurant in Brazil, Indiana named Simply Decadent Cafe & Catering. I also do full event catering along with wedding/party planning. I must admit I am horribly addicted to coffee and wild cherry diet pepsi along with chocolate. I love listening to my MP3 player while I cook and have been known to dance around the kitchen a little. Have to make the kitchen fun don't we? I don't have any formal kitchen training, but have learned a lot over the years from a few fantastic cooks, my grandma being one of them. I love trying new recipes and my customers are always willing to be my taste testers.

Sigma Kappa Party

Sigma Kappa Party
Dessert Buffet