Simply Decadent Owner

Simply Decadent Owner
Hey, It's me, Tawnya

Monday, August 24, 2009

Cheesy Delight

Well, I actually have time to post something. The last week flew by with catering, kids starting school and just life in general. I wanted to post something that was on the savory side, so we have Cheesy Artichoke Dip. I make this dip frequently for parties and it is so good. You could even eat it as a cold dip if you wish. I say that because one day out of desperation for a snack I did and it was pretty good I must say.

1 can drained artichoke hears, chopped (14 oz.)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 cup grated parmesan, divided
1 Tbsp chopped onion
1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
1/4 tsp garlic salt

In a bowl, combine artichoke hearts, mayo, mozzarella, 1/2 cup parmesan, onion, parsley and garlic salt. Spoon into an ungreased 1 quart baking dish. Top with remaining parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes at 350.

I have even added 1/2 cup canned or frozen spinach. Just make sure that it is drained really well or it makes it watery. I serve this with a variety of dipping items. Crackers, tortilla chips, bagel chips or crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Brazil, Indiana, United States
I have a restaurant in Brazil, Indiana named Simply Decadent Cafe & Catering. I also do full event catering along with wedding/party planning. I must admit I am horribly addicted to coffee and wild cherry diet pepsi along with chocolate. I love listening to my MP3 player while I cook and have been known to dance around the kitchen a little. Have to make the kitchen fun don't we? I don't have any formal kitchen training, but have learned a lot over the years from a few fantastic cooks, my grandma being one of them. I love trying new recipes and my customers are always willing to be my taste testers.

Sigma Kappa Party

Sigma Kappa Party
Dessert Buffet