Simply Decadent Owner

Simply Decadent Owner
Hey, It's me, Tawnya

Monday, July 20, 2009

Crazy for Cranberries

Hello everyone,

Well, I was going through the freezer thinking that I wanted to make something different for the dessert case at the cafe and I found some frozen cranberries. I love cranberries, whether fresh or dried. I've had this recipe for a while, but had never gotten around to making it, so bring out the frozen cranberries and wahla, Cranberry Nut Bars. Everyone went crazy. I had to make 2 more batches that day, they all sold out. So here is the yummy recipe if you want to try for yourself, very easy.

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup melted butter
1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 tsp orange extract

In a mixing bowl, beat eggs on medium speed about 5 minutes, until thick. Gradually add sugar, beating until thoroughly blended. Add flour and butter, blend well. Add cranberries, nuts and extract. Mixing just until combined. Spread evenly in a greased 8 inch square pan. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.

Note: I even tried a batch with frozen blueberries and it was yummy.

2 comments:

  1. I have about 5 pounds of frozen blueberries, so I will be trying this soon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it with the blueberries and when I used them i added just a bit of lemon zest. Very yummy.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Brazil, Indiana, United States
I have a restaurant in Brazil, Indiana named Simply Decadent Cafe & Catering. I also do full event catering along with wedding/party planning. I must admit I am horribly addicted to coffee and wild cherry diet pepsi along with chocolate. I love listening to my MP3 player while I cook and have been known to dance around the kitchen a little. Have to make the kitchen fun don't we? I don't have any formal kitchen training, but have learned a lot over the years from a few fantastic cooks, my grandma being one of them. I love trying new recipes and my customers are always willing to be my taste testers.

Sigma Kappa Party

Sigma Kappa Party
Dessert Buffet