Simply Decadent Owner

Simply Decadent Owner
Hey, It's me, Tawnya

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Oriental Chicken Wrap

Well, today was an awesome day. I have a ton of gray hair and I feel like I have run a marathon, but it was awesome nonetheless. At the restaurant I made Oriental Chicken Wraps and they were so easy and very tasty. So here goes.....

Boil 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, drain, cool and shred

In a large bowl add,
3 cups matchstick carrots
5 cups shredded napa cabbage
2 red peppers cut into matchsticks
2 yellow peppers cut into matchsticks
2 orange peppers cut into matchsticks
2 cups of mushrooms diced up
1/2 red onion very thinly sliced and separated into rings
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper

For the Dressing:
1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
3 garlic cloves minced
3/4 cup good olive oil
2 cups Marzetti's Oriental Sesame dressing

Whisk ingredients together and pour over the veggies in the bowl and mix well, then add the chicken, mixing well. Keep refrigerated until ready to use. I use 10" tortilla wraps and put about 3/4 cup mix in the center and roll up. You can use some of the dressing on the side if you want for a little extra yummmy value.

This will make about 15 wraps. You could also serve this hot if you wish, we just like it cold at the restaurant.

Happy Wrapping... :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Brazil, Indiana, United States
I have a restaurant in Brazil, Indiana named Simply Decadent Cafe & Catering. I also do full event catering along with wedding/party planning. I must admit I am horribly addicted to coffee and wild cherry diet pepsi along with chocolate. I love listening to my MP3 player while I cook and have been known to dance around the kitchen a little. Have to make the kitchen fun don't we? I don't have any formal kitchen training, but have learned a lot over the years from a few fantastic cooks, my grandma being one of them. I love trying new recipes and my customers are always willing to be my taste testers.

Sigma Kappa Party

Sigma Kappa Party
Dessert Buffet