Simply Decadent Owner

Simply Decadent Owner
Hey, It's me, Tawnya

Monday, September 14, 2009

I Dream of Cheesecakes


You know, when I started catering back in 2004 I had not one clue how to make a cheesecake. Well, I decided that was one of the first things I better learn how to make and make well. I found a recipe online and adapted some of the flavors a bit and it is now my base cheesecake. This is such a simple recipe and turns out very pretty if you "baby it" a little.

3 8 oz. bricks of cream cheese, soft
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 bag of white chocolate chips, melted and smooth
4 eggs, added one at a time
1 tsp extract or oil

I make a variety of crusts, oreo, crumbled scone, graham, butter cookies. Use your imagination. I just add a bit of sugar and a little bit of melted butter and mix together and press into the bottom of my springform pan. Take vegetable spray and spray around the inside of the ring of the pan and then cut strips of parchment paper and put inside to make a ring to prevent sticking. Preheat the oven to 300.

Start making the cheesecake by adding the cream cheese to your mixer and mixing until smooth. Then you add the condensed milk, white chocolate and the eggs, one at a time. Then you need to decide what kind of cheesecake you are doing. I say we do a reeces cup cheesecake. So, you want to add a chocolate extract or a peanut butter or even a good vanilla will work. Then, take and cut up about 1 1/2 cups of reece cups into small chunks and mix into the batter. Pour into the prepared pan. Jiggle the pan a bit to make sure the cake is settled and take your spatula and smooth out the top. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 50-55 minutes. Just until is set in the center. Then turn off the oven and open the door a crack and leave for about 1 hour. Then move on into the freezer or refrigerator. Let set for at least 8 to 10 hours. If you froze your cake, let thaw a bit and then take off the ring and the parchment and slice into 12-16 slices. You can garnish with more chopped reece cups and drizzle with chocolate and melted peanut butter. Use your imagination. The options are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Brazil, Indiana, United States
I have a restaurant in Brazil, Indiana named Simply Decadent Cafe & Catering. I also do full event catering along with wedding/party planning. I must admit I am horribly addicted to coffee and wild cherry diet pepsi along with chocolate. I love listening to my MP3 player while I cook and have been known to dance around the kitchen a little. Have to make the kitchen fun don't we? I don't have any formal kitchen training, but have learned a lot over the years from a few fantastic cooks, my grandma being one of them. I love trying new recipes and my customers are always willing to be my taste testers.

Sigma Kappa Party

Sigma Kappa Party
Dessert Buffet