Simply Decadent Owner

Simply Decadent Owner
Hey, It's me, Tawnya

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Honeycomb Candy


Oh my gosh. I have been wanting to make this candy for ages. I looked for the recipe, but really didn't know what it was called, but I knew what it looked and tasted like. Well, my friend Bridget at @Bridget_Cooks from Australia sent me this recipe. Yummy and it is so easy. Just don't plan on being able to eat just one piece, unless you break it in very, very large pieces.. So here goes,


1 cup sugar

1 cup Dark Corn Syrup

1 Tbsp Vinegar

1 Tbsp Baking Soda


Prepare a 9x13 inch pan by lining with foil and spraying with vegetable spray. In a large heavy saucepan add the sugar, corn syrup and vinegar. Make sure that your pan is large enough because when you add the baking soda it will expand. Put the pan with the sugar, syrup and vinegar on the stovetop and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and boil without stirring until thermometer registers 300 degrees (hard crack stage). Take off of the heat at add in the baking soda and stir in. Quickly pour into prepared pan to stop cooking and to avoid burning. Allow to cool and set. Lift out and break into pieces.

Thank you Bridget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Brazil, Indiana, United States
I have a restaurant in Brazil, Indiana named Simply Decadent Cafe & Catering. I also do full event catering along with wedding/party planning. I must admit I am horribly addicted to coffee and wild cherry diet pepsi along with chocolate. I love listening to my MP3 player while I cook and have been known to dance around the kitchen a little. Have to make the kitchen fun don't we? I don't have any formal kitchen training, but have learned a lot over the years from a few fantastic cooks, my grandma being one of them. I love trying new recipes and my customers are always willing to be my taste testers.

Sigma Kappa Party

Sigma Kappa Party
Dessert Buffet