Simply Decadent Owner

Simply Decadent Owner
Hey, It's me, Tawnya

Monday, April 26, 2010

Roasting Chicken




I recently found that I love roasting chicken...this is soooo easy and makes such a yummy treat. I have done whole chickens, bone in chicken breast, chicken thighs. They are all fantastic. It is very versatile as to what herbs you use and what pieces of chicken you use. Below are just the basics that I started with and then you can build from there. You will see pictures before going into the oven and after the yummy roasting...

Take whatever pieces of chicken that you want. I will suggest a variation.

6 thighs
4 bone in skin on breasts
4 legs

Place on a large roasting pan.
Your marinade, so to speak, is the following:

1/2 cup olive oil
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 tsp chopped sage
3 tsp chopped thyme

A twitter friend suggested adding some capers to the mix and it will make it very good. We all need to try.

Mix all of these ingredients together in a bowl and rub all over the skin of the chicken. Make sure that you get the oil and herbs all over the chicken on both sides and rub it in nicely. Place into a 375 degree oven and roast for about 1 1/2 hours. Let cool for about 1/2 hour and then the chicken will fall nicely off the bone. I put the breast meat in chicken salad. You can put all of the meat in quiches, soups, wraps with veggies...there are so many things that can be done with this. It is very good just on nice mixed green salad. If you roast a whole chicken it takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to make sure it is done, depending on the size. Happy Roasting.






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Brazil, Indiana, United States
I have a restaurant in Brazil, Indiana named Simply Decadent Cafe & Catering. I also do full event catering along with wedding/party planning. I must admit I am horribly addicted to coffee and wild cherry diet pepsi along with chocolate. I love listening to my MP3 player while I cook and have been known to dance around the kitchen a little. Have to make the kitchen fun don't we? I don't have any formal kitchen training, but have learned a lot over the years from a few fantastic cooks, my grandma being one of them. I love trying new recipes and my customers are always willing to be my taste testers.

Sigma Kappa Party

Sigma Kappa Party
Dessert Buffet