Simply Decadent Owner

Simply Decadent Owner
Hey, It's me, Tawnya

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Delicious Caramel Dreaminess

Found this bar recipe a few months ago and can't stop making it, better yet, I can't stop eating it. They are just dreamy!

Caramel Pecan Bars

2 cups butter, cubed
4 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
4 eggs
4 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
4 cups chopped pecans
In a large saucepan, heat butter and brown sugar over medium heat until butter and brown sugar are dissolved. In a small mixing bowl beat the eggs, vanilla and butter mixture. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the butter mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
Spread into a greased and parchment lined 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out with moist crumbs and edges are crisp. Cool on wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar if desired and cut into bars.

2 comments:

  1. Caramel dreaminess is the perfect name for this recipe and I haven't even tried it yet. I just know that you put caramel and pecan and make it a bar and you are bound for success. All of my favorite sweet flavors in one! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, I make these in the Cafe all the time and the customers love them. They are so easy and they are good room temperature or warmed up a little in the microwave with a nice up of coffee...yummy.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Brazil, Indiana, United States
I have a restaurant in Brazil, Indiana named Simply Decadent Cafe & Catering. I also do full event catering along with wedding/party planning. I must admit I am horribly addicted to coffee and wild cherry diet pepsi along with chocolate. I love listening to my MP3 player while I cook and have been known to dance around the kitchen a little. Have to make the kitchen fun don't we? I don't have any formal kitchen training, but have learned a lot over the years from a few fantastic cooks, my grandma being one of them. I love trying new recipes and my customers are always willing to be my taste testers.

Sigma Kappa Party

Sigma Kappa Party
Dessert Buffet